Hello. Thanks for visiting this Fix It Pro Review. You may have come across or heard of Fix It Pro through an advertisement or any other medium. Fix It Pro is a car and home repair kit that is meant to completely remove scratches.
Find out how the Simoniz Fix It Pro can eliminate scratches, nicks and dicks from your car and other appliances at home. This review also explores whether this tool really works as it claims.
However, please bear in mind that this is just an unbiased review. You can visit the official product website at:
What Is Fix It Pro?
Fix It Pro is a car auto scratch nick and ding repair kit. This sealer and filler completely removes scratches, nicks and dings on the car’s top clear coat. It may not work for deep scratches that affect the primer or metal of the car. Apart from cars, this kit is actually a complete scratches home repair kit. This means that you can also use it on floors, tiles and other kitchen appliances.
Best Features of Fix It Pro
Here are the things you can expect from Fix It Pro:
- It fixes surface scratches both for your car and also works for other home and kitchen items.
- You don’t have to do any sanding or use extra tools to fix superficial scratches with this pen.
- It uses a unique resin that is dried up by sunlight to fill up the scratches.
- It works for all car colors. It doesn’t matter what color your car is.
- It dries and clears up completely leaving no visible residue provided you follow the instructions carefully. It leaves a shiny and polished look.
- It is non-toxic and odorless.
- It is meant to provide a permanent solution and is water resistant.
How Does Fix It Pro Work?
Fix It Pro works in three steps. When you purchase this product, you will receive directions that you are supposed to follow. You have to make sure you carefully read and follow the instructions to get good results or at least improve the appearance of scratches.
- Step 1: Press the pen where the scratch, nick or ding is located, just as you would use a marker. Be careful to apply the liquid fast before the pen hardens up. The best thing is to apply it under a shade.
- Step 2: Apply Fix it to fill up the damage. Carefully wipe the excess to avoid smearing.
- Step 3: Leave it to dry and cure in natural sunlight as the pen uses UV hardeners. It won’t work well if you apply it at night or in a garage, as it requires sunlight to cure completely.
The Complete Fix It Pro Package: What You Get
Here is the complete repair kit you get when you purchase:
- Two Fit It Pro pens to work with.
- Both light and dark color Fix It Wood.
- A microfiber polishing cloth to ensure a polished finish.
Does Fix It Pro Actually Work?
The Fix It Pro Pen claims to be the fastest scratch remover that safely removes scratches, nicks and dings quickly and easily with just a swipe of the tip. These claims and the advertisements make people have very high expectations of what the product should deliver. But does it deliver on this promise without destroying car paint and is it worth the money?
While it claims to work effectively on all colors and scratches, Fix It Pro pen works great to cover surface scratches on a car’s top clear coat. If your car or any other appliance has a deeper scratch that affects the paint and reaches the metal or primer, Fix It Pro may not fix these kinds of prominent scratches. In fact, it may make them stand out more. It also seems to work better on light colors than it does on dark colors.
If you use it on deep scratches, it won’t work and will leave a residue back. If it is just a minor scratch, the mark left is invisible and can only be viewed with very careful side viewing.
For better understanding, this is a clear coat scratch repair pen but not a paint or deep scratch repair pen. You have to follow the directions and be careful not to smear before it dries up to see optimal results.
Where to Get Fix It Pro Pen
You can order Fix It Pro Pen online from the official product website. It goes for $19.95 plus you have to cater for additional cost of handling and shipping. Given the amount you would have to fork out to pay for professional treatments, this price is definitely much more economical as a solution to minor scratches and dents. However, be careful as you order because an accidental click can lead to extra charges for shipping of bonuses. You can also purchase the product from your local auto store.
Is Fix It Pro Worth It?
Fix It Pro eliminates the need to go to a body shop when all your car has are minor scratches. Using it does save you money since you don’t have to pay a lot in body shop repair expenses and hard work. It is definitely worth it if you want a solution to surface, clear coat scratches, dings and nicks. While it may not be perfect, it is definitely worth it for the price. It also works well as a temporary fix. However, for deep scratches that touch the metal or primer, you may have to seek an alternative solution like taking your car to a professional.
The hype given to this product in the promotional campaigns may make it seem too good to be true. All in all, this is a great and must have tool for DIY car fixes for those minor yet ugly and hard to get rid of scratches. In addition, the best thing is that you can get your money back within 30 days if you are not satisfied with the product.